Ladies, are you up on all of this new technology? Is anyone confused about iphones, ipads, androids, etc. …? (I know I am! Azam has promised to write an article to show the difference between the different devices.) But, if you are in-the-know and have an iPhone3 and don’t want to buy the latest greatest version, you can make changes to the phone itself. This is something for those brave souls willing to use a screwdriver. – Tomaca
Submitted by Muhammad Azam Gohar
The new iPhone is the talk in every company of people. With the new iPhone 5, no one is looking back at iPhone 4 and iPhone 3. In fact, the company has discontinued the production and the selling of the iPhone 3GS and 3G with all accessories such as the iPhone 3GS cases and 3G covers. The company knows that it is not compatible for downloading iOS 6 or the new features of Siri and Safari.
Another reason is that the iPhone 3GS made the market for Apple when it came to beat the market topper Blackberry. It threatened the iPhone 5 existence as well. Therefore, for all those who have had an iPhone 3G or 3GS, the company offered free iPhone 4 with 8GB memory space. However, still all those who love their iPhone 3 and want to keep it, can take help from this post if they have any problem in the functionality as I am going to tear down the iPhone 3G. You can learn how to do it safely and remove the issue coming in the technical specs or the performance.
The iPhone 3 Tear Down
1) The first step is to have the right kind of tools for tearing the phone down. You have to get the Phillips #00 screwdriver.
2) There are two screws at the bottom of the phone and you can unscrew them very easily with the screwdriver I suggested.
3) Get a suction pump so that you can easily pull apart the body into two halves joined in by 7 numbered connectors. The 7th one is in the lower corner on the right above the dock port. You can use it to open up and tear up the phone to two pieces literally.
4) Three cables hold the LCD at the back. The digitizer is also connected to the motherboard with the same three wires. The 1st wire is attached to the LCD panel. The second is attached to the digitizer and the third to the speaker for the ears.
5) Now you can see the two halves separate from each other. The motherboard chips are hidden under the EMI shields, as you may be able to see. They will be removed as well so that you will be able to check for the actual technical details underneath.
6) The LCD can be replaced this way easily if it is broken or is damaged. There will be 6 screws on the right side of the LCD. When you turn them lose, the LCD will come off.
7) Now if you want to replace the digitizer, it will require a little more work as well.
8) There are nine screws against the camera. You can remove them easily so that you will be able to get a hold of the camera. After that the digitizer can be screwed lose.
For more details, you can just run a search for the tear down on ‘ifixit’ website as well. You will get a good front on the tear down information on the phone.
About Muhammad Azam Gohar
Azam Gohar is a professional writer dealing in topics such as auto transportation, car shipping, the use of Apple devices, Blackberry cell phones and Kindle accessories, technical details of gadgets from different companies like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola etc.
Talking about gadgets and fixing them is what he is best at. He has written many articles on the topics related to the gadgets from Apple, and how to fix them up, if there is any issue. You can also read his posts for finding good accessories like the iPhone 3GS cases, iPhone covers for the new 5th generation series, etc.